Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas Day...OH HOW AMAZING!!!

 
Hello, hello family and friends. What a fun week that we had. Christmas as a missionary truly was an amazing experience.  As a district we were able to travel to stay together all Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and it was a blast. Christmas eve we started out the morning by hitting up the metro, busting out our himnos and belting out Christmas hymns for all those around us. We may not have sounded the best, but we definitely brought the spirit... and the Christmas spirit. We sang everywhere we went, on the metro, in the streets, on the buses, and even at a hospital. That was probably one of my favorite things that we did because it reminded me of the times that all the cousins would go with Grandma and Grandpa and sing at the resting home in Ferron and decorate Christmas trees with the residents. It was a fun way to bring happiness to others, and good memories to myself. Then  in between being fed by a million members, we went around to recent converts, members, less actives, and investigators pisos and shared a small Christmas program with them. It was full of the birth of Christ, scriptures, and hymns to go along with the program. it was so beautiful, and I was so glad that we were able to share the wonderful message of Christ with so many people. 
 
And then we had Christmas day... OH HOW AMAZING!!!! It was full of more festivities and singing with the district, sharing our Christmas program, eating more and more, and then finally being able to talk with my beautiful family. Oh man, it was so incredible to see and hear the voices of my family, and be able to Skype my brother as well. I don't have words to describe just how special that Skype session was for me. My brother is the reason I was able to make it out on my mission and to able to talk to him while we are both serving was so incredible. He is an amazing disciple of Christ, and he radiates his light. He is such a strong example to me and the rest of my family. I couldn't be more thankful for having such a strong older brother to look up to. He is a pure servant of the lord with a strong testimony. He builds me up and gives me the strength to rely on the Lord. Oh my goodness, Christmas was just perfect in every way.
 
The day after Christmas was interesting to say the least... Our district was hit with a batch of food poisoning, so guess who's district was out sick again... yea, that was unfortunate. I mean, I would have been happy with a good night's rest after the holiday festivities, but me and my companions stomach thought otherwise. I spent the better part of the night camped out on the bathroom floor with the toilet in reach to catch all the cookies I was tossing up. Yay, sick district. Tis the season. But no worries, we puked it out, then hit the streets to continue the work that we are here to do. 
 
Well the last thing that happened this week is I had to say goodbye to my companion. Ugh, not going to lie, that was the hardest thing that I have had to do out here. She is my other half. Basically my best friend. But she served a full mission, and is returning with honor. I am so proud of her, and I was so blessed to have the opportunity to know her and serve with her. The Lord knew I needed a strong trainer, and he gave me just that. She is incredible!! But now I am in a trio for the next three weeks with the other two Hermanas that I live in piso with Hermana Manwill, and Harmana Een. They are both great, and I know that I am going to learn so much for them. yes it will be rough trying to manage two areas and two wards between the 3 of us, but we will see so many miracles while working together!!! Then in three weeks we will have to see what else the Lord has in store for me. Well I love you all, thank you again and always for your love support and prayers. You are great. Keep the faith. Talk to you all next week! 
Love,
 Hermana Stilson

No comments:

Post a Comment