Monday, December 15, 2014

Spreading Navidad Cheer!

Buenas!! Well I can truthfully say that this week went be a lot more smoothly than last. No sickness keeping me from doing the work that I am out here to do!!! It has been so amazing to see just how much the Lord blesses his missionaries. We are so blessed and so protected. But hey, Christmas is in the air out here.... no snow, but it is definitely cold enough for it. We do see a lot of rain though. It's been really fun to truck through the flooded streets and walk and talk to people in the down pour spreading Navidad cheer, and the amazing gift and message of Christ during this season. Christmas as a missionary is such a spiritual experience, and it is one that I will never forget. You forget about yourself and all the rush that the holidays normally brings and you really get to focus on our Redeemer, serving others, and love. We are so blessed to have a heavenly father who cared enough about his children to send his beloved son to all of us. He is the ultimate gift that we should focus on especially during the time of his birth. Christ has given us everything, so this season I hope you will all to stop and think what gift you can give to him in return. 

Well I found out this week that Valencia is known as the number one area in the Barcelona mission where you will put on the most weight... ha ha oh man, it is so true. The wards and members out here love the missionaries, and all they want to do is take care of us and feed us. So when I come home fat, it is not my fault. I blame Valencia. ha ha but this week we ate with Vicente. He is precious. He loves me and my comp. He made it so special. He decorated the snot out of his house and made us some nice Spanish food. Vicente is this jolly old man, who only has one leg, and he has a booming voice, and a heart as big as Texas. He also can't see very well, so there is a member who helps him, and he went and printed and made him GIGANTIC Book of Mormon, Bible, and D&C for him so that Vicente can continue reading. We took pictures with them... and we may or may not have taken a picture of Vicente's fake leg as well..... ha ha we are sneaky. 

We also have a fecha with one of our investigators for his baptism. oh man, he is the most tender hearted and humble man I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. He basically has no friends or family because he was in an accident 10 years ago and lost his sight. When he needed help the most, everyone left him on his own. He still has his family, but they basically only supply him money, that's it. No help. No love. Nothing. But that didn't tear him down one bit, it made him stronger. He met another lady who was kind of in his same situation, she is blind as well, and she literally has no one to help her. So our sweet investigator, his name is Carlos, takes care of her because he says he wants her to make sure that she knows that she is loved... so yea basically he loves our message of the Gospel because it is further proof that he is loved. He is cared about and there is someone looking out for and taking care of him and Maria, the lady he takes care of. If any of you have a min, please keep Carlos in your prayers!! 

Well the rest of the week was great. Hermana Gillette is just amazing. we keep each other going. I can't even begin to explain all of the laughs and funny little situations we get ourselves into... my journal has all of those moments in it. But she is such a hard worker, and just the most amazing example to me. She heads home in 2 weeks, and all I can say is that I will be heartbroken to see her leave, but so proud of her because she is returning with honor. She is teaching me so much, and showing me how to be the kind of missionary that the lord needs me to be. I ADORE MY COMPANION. That's really all there is to it. The Lord definitely knew what he was doing when he made her my trainer. She pushed me into the work head first and I can already see how it is changing me and my life, and the lives of those we teach. But that's all I have for this week. Keep the faith, keep the spirit, and give something to Christ this year for Christmas. Love you all!!

Love Hermana Stilson

No comments:

Post a Comment