Monday, November 24, 2014

Meeting an Apostle of Jesus Christ


 
Hi everyone! Wow, what an amazing week, I don't even know where to begin. I'll start by letting y'all know that baptism number 2 was a success!!! 2 for 2!!!  Roque was an amazing investigator who, like Richard, was prepared to hear our unique message. Such a strong convert. He loves everything about the Gospel and shows his devotion to the Lord by walking an hour and a half every week to make sure that he is in the house of worship to partake of the sacrament. He and Richard both are going to move the work forward out here in Valencia! They love taking in the Gospel and also sharing it with everyone they meet. They are a pair of great missionary converts.


Next, me and my fabulous companion found an incredible family while contacting the streets last week, and we were finally able to meet with them yesterday. It's a  family of three. Mom and dad, and their son. Dad and son share the name of Sergio, and we may or may not have forgotten the mom´s name... oops... anyway, the dad knows the Gospel is true. He knows it. He knew it immediately. The son was taking in everything we taught him as well. Mom was having a rough time being on board with it though. You know the dad wants his wife to believe it when he is desperately trying to teach her at the same time we are teaching them and he doesn't even know a whole lot about it. The son was also trying to convince the mom. It wasn't until we read a chapter in el libro de mormon with them that there was a change in the mom. The whole cita we were there teaching the spirit was so strong! I was praying my heart out the whole time we were there that the mom would soften her heart a little and just be able to feel the spirit that everyone else was feeling. So we read 2 Nephi 31 with them and that is the chapter all about the Gospel of Christ and following his example. A powerful chapter that I have come to love. So half way through reading the chapter I saw the mom reach up and put her hand on her chest. That's when I knew she felt it. After we finished the chapter, the son was wiping tears from his eyes, and the mom patted her chest and said "Ï FEEL IT". The feelings in that room were beyond description in that moment. After that, the family started asking about coming to church and baptism. Yes I said baptism. So uh guess who might be baptizing a family in a few weeks?? WOO HOO please keep the Sergio family in your prayers. They need this Gospel . They need to be a part of the only true church on the earth. 

Last but not least, I was fortunate enough to be able to get on a train at 6 in the morning Saturday, travel 3 hours to Barcelona and be able to meet and shake the hand of Quentin L Cook. Yes, you heard me right, I met an apostle of Jesus Christ!!! It was an incredible, once in a life time opportunity. He is so inspired, and listening to him talk to the missionaries in the Barcelona mission was so incredible. It is a blessing I will treasure forever. Oh man, what an amazing experience. So I might just brag about it for a second.... I met an apostle!! Feel free to be jealous!! ok, I'm done. But while I was there I ran into the one and only Hermana Gittens! Oh how I adore and love her!! Don't worry missionary mommas, we made sure we took pictures for you guys.  Look at me go, I have run into 2 of the 3 other missionaries serving in Spain from the group. I am hoping to run into all three of them... soooo now I just need to find out how to run into Elder Letts and I will be set!! 

Well it was a great week, and I am looking forward to another great one ahead of me. Thank you for the love, support, the prayers and the emails and letters so send. I love you all! Talk to you next week!


Love,

Hermana Stilson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment