Monday, November 10, 2014

Learning Spanish in the middle of the night


Hola mi amigos y familia, que tal? Well another week down in the field, and it is still going so great. I love being out in the field!!! Well, this week has been really good. So much happens in a single day that it is hard to remember all of the good things that happen. But I will try to fill you all in on what has been happening to me this week. To start I will tell you all a little fun fact about my amazing companion. Turns out, she talks in her sleep even worse than I do. For the past 6 nights in a row, I wake up to sweet Hermana Gillette in full conversation sitting up in her bed. Now the first time this happened, I was scared out of my mind but it's almost normal now haha. The best part is, is that the conversations aren't just conversations. They are full blown lessons, in Spanish. hahaha I think I will learn Spanish faster from her sleep talking. The other night I was able to listen to her teach me all of lesson two in Spanish before she collapsed face first back onto her pillow fast asleep. It is great!

So before coming out to the field I understood that some people would not be willing to listen to the wonderful message that we have to share, but I experienced a certain situation that took things to a whole new level. After one of our citas cancelled on us, Hermana Gillette and I decided to do some street contacting before catching the next metro out to our cita. Well, we came across a man who seemed interested in what we had to say, but when we asked if we could set up a time to meet with him to share more of our message with him he said, wait what?? What do you want to do?? So we replied we want to share more of our message with you.... well a look of pure horror crossed his face, and he turned and sprinted away from us down the street. Oh man, Hermana Gillette and I lost it. we were laughing so hard. Never have we ever had someone run away in fear from us. I decided he just felt the spirit so strongly that it scared him. Oh well, esta bien. 

If any of you have been to Spain, you will know all about the oranges and clementines that they have here. They are literally everywhere, and members and investigators will give us bags full of them every time we see them... so that means that right now, as I speak, there are 6 shopping sacks full of clementines in our kitchen... so many. Well Hermana Gillette and I passed one of these orange trees, and we couldn't figure out why no one was stopping to pick and eat any of them. So us being the blondes that we are, went up and picked one and decided to eat it... bad idea! They were not even close to being ripe, and they were thee most sour and bitter things we have ever had the misfortune of having in our mouths. We got some nice pictures of it that I will send you. Never eat the oranges off the trees unless you are absolutely certain that they are ripe. ew, it was gross! The sight of us as we spit them out into the dirt had to have been amusing to by passers. 

Well, there was one thing that I am really trying to focus on now that I am a real missionary, and a fresh new greenie. I decided to always work on becoming perfect. Now becoming perfected in Christ is not just something that will happen overnight, and there isn't a time frame in which we have to reach perfection. The Lord and His love for us, understands that the goal for perfection is achieved one step at a time through obedience. My work towards perfection is completely dependent on my gradual but steady efforts on trying to better myself. To becoming perfect like our savior is having the constant desire to help and lift up others around me, just as the Savior lifts and helps each and every one of us!!!

I love you all, and hope you all have an amazing week!!!

Love,

Hermana Stilson

No comments:

Post a Comment